POPULAR MISFITZ

THE BIRTH of ENK'D

It's funny. How a gift can set forth your destiny. This piece was originally a gift my younger sister commissioned me to create and sketch for my nephew's 2nd birthday. Who would have known the impact it would've had on my art & brand. The name ENK'D, originally spelled INK'D, was my tag name when I was a teenager. But because the spelling became so popular and used by so many others, I dropped it. I decided to change the spelling. The character ENK'D, story wise, is age 6. But the character himself originated from an 8 page storyline that I was approached to create by my best friend, CHRISTIAN MEESEY aka #MEESIMO, while he was with a Florida based graphic novel company. The character was a new York born, St. Louis raised teenager, heavily influenced by skateboarding, graffiti, music, streets & trained from day one in martial arts. Raised by a single mother and a mysterious sensei. But tragically left in the world, then a foreign country, and with a father all unknown to him. The original pages were lost in the theft of my car. So they never made it into the novel. Which was a little over 6 years ago. This version of ENK'D influenced by the request of my sister, was made possible by combine the physical and personality traits of nephew & son age 6. Both young & brilliant but both love rocking Mohawks. Lol. Gave life to the new ENK'D. Big wheel riding, graffiti influenced artist, highly imaginative, good intensions sometimes bad out come, water gun toting, water balloon slinging, wanna-be super hero. Who's sidekicks are; a pigeon with a serious attitude problem and a stuffed bear that goes through a 3 stage(s) metamorphosis, that is unclear whether or not normal adults can see or not.

PREVIOUS